CSU Resources for Basic & Financial Needs
The following resources are available to all CSU students (and many to staff/faculty as well) to support your ability to thrive at CSU.
CSU Case Management offers a variety of resources to help students' with access to basic needs. Email Help4Rams@colostate.edu to get started!
- Housing & Homelessness
- Emergency Rent Assistance
- Emergency Utility Bill Assistance
- Wifi Access
- Food Security
- Parenting Support
- Domestic Violence Support
- Health Insurance
The Pride Resource Center, Women and Gender Advocacy Center, and ASCSU have collaborated to offer free gender affirming garments, resources and other high-need items available for free to those who need them. These items can be accessed in the Pride Resource Center (LSC 232) without providing any information.
- Chest binders
- Compression underwear
- Bra inserts
- Period Products
- Personal Hygiene Products
- HRT Support Supplies
- Gender Exploration Resources
Rams Against Hunger serves as emergency food relief for all CSu community members. Learn more here on their website. Services include:
- CSU's Food Pantry
- Pocket Pantries (like the one located right next to Pride)
- Ram Food Recovery (text updates about free food available on campus)
- RamRide Food Ops (food delivery)
- Meal Swipe Program
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, can help eligible low-income families and individuals stretch their food budget (works just like a debit card). Case Management's program, SNAP4Rams, helps students navigate this process & learn about eligibility. Learn more on their website here or email email@example.com.
RamRide Secure provides financial assistance for transportation. Student can apply for $200 in Lyft credits to help get around, provided by ASCSU.
The CSU Career Center has multiple resources to financially support students in employment searches, internships etc, such as:
- Interview Attire Fund: Up to $250 to purchase clothing for interviews, jobs, etc.
- Equity Initiative Fund: Up to $1000 grants for professional development opportunities for Black/African American students
- Unpaid/Underpaid Internship Support: Up to $4000 to reduce financial barriers of completing an internship.
- Ontiveros Inclusive Fellowship Fund: Paid employment opportunities for folx regardless of citizenship status.
Colorado Funding Resources
Supporting the authentic selves of transgender Coloradans by removing financial barriers to transition related healthcare
Information and forms on how to update your name and gender marker in the State of Colorado
National Funding Resources
To help transgender people pay for transition-related costs.
The mission of the Jim Collins Foundation is to fund gender-confirming surgeries for transgender people who need it.
The National Center for Transgender Equality advocates to change policies and society to increase understanding and acceptance of transgender people. Below is a link to a database of resources regarding healthcare and legal services.
Point of Pride offers an Annual Transgender Surgery Fund, a Free Chest Binder Donation Program, a Free Trans Femme Shapewear Program, an Electrolysis Financial Support Program, and other community-building support initiatives for trans youth and adults.
Specializes in HRT Dopp Kits for the transgender community, and raises money to aid someone in top surgery expenses.
The mission of The Happy Transgender Center is to provide financial assistance to transgender people for gender-confirming surgeries.