We are thrilled to announce the Pride Community Retreat will be coming back this September! All students are invited to participate in this trip up to CSU's Mountain Campus for a weekend of community, reflection, learning, healing, and fun - all centered in our LGBTQ+ experiences.
- A deeper understanding of our individual and collective identities and stories.
- Supportive connections with peers, staff and faculty that we can continue growing when we return to campus.
- A deeper understanding of the various facets and experiences within the queer community, through an intersectional lens.
- Skills and understanding around resiliency, healing and community care.
- Memories from a fantastically fun weekend.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When do we leave on Friday, Sept 20?
- 3:00 PM: Registration
- 4:00 PM: Depart Campus
- 6:00 PM: Arrive at the Mountain Campus
When do we come back on Sunday?
- 2:00 PM: Depart
- 4:00 PM: Arrive back to CSU
What do I need to bring?
- Clothing for 3 days
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shower items, etc
- Water bottle
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Small backpack
- Medicine (as needed)
What is provided?
- All meals & snacks
- Pillows, pillow cases
- Sheets & blankets
Will there by WiFi or cell service?
- Expect very limited access to WiFi and practically no cell service while at the Mountain Campus.
Will be spending a lot of time outside?
- While we will be outside to move from building to building and for optional activities, the majority of our retreat will be indoors in a retreat center.
What should I leave at home?
- Cigarettes/vape pens
What is the rooming situation?
- All participants will be sharing a room with 2-5 other people. Each person will have their own bed. Room assignments are made based on preferences listed in the Retreat Application. We utilize a gender-inclusive rooming process unless otherwise requested.
Will there be all-gender bathrooms and changing spaces available?
- There will be all-gender bathrooms in the dormitory participants are staying in, as well as our classroom spaces where most of our activities will be held. The Dining Hall will only have gendered restrooms available.
Have additional questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.