OPEN HOUSING & RESIDENCE LIFE
Residence halls offer students the choice of Open Housing.
Open Housing provides students a community where roommates and/or suitemates of any gender can live together in a more integrated environment. Open Housing is reflective of the housing choices/opportunities available to students off-campus where they can select their roommate of choice. Some examples of students who may be interested in Open Housing include but are not limited to:
- Disabled student rooming with a student attendant of the opposite sex
- Female international student living with a male student guardian (i.e. brother, cousin, uncle)
- Transgender student requesting a roommate based on comfort and support rather than biological sex (e.g., friend or ally)
- Depressed/anxious student requesting a non-binary gender roommate for support
- Siblings, cousins, and childhood friends of varying gender identities (e.g., male/female siblings or twin)
For more information, please contact the Residence Life Office at email@example.com or (970) 491-4719 or visit their website at https://housing.colostate.edu/halls/communities/open-housing/.