Applications have closed for the 22-23 year. Check back in Spring for Future Hiring Info.
The Pride Resource Center is currently hiring student staff to enhance support, coordination and implementation of programs and services offered to the CSU and Fort Collins community. We are looking for applicants whom are and will be thoughtfully engaged and committed to the mission, vision and values of Pride, as well as, has skills in: building and sustaining positive relationships, working across difference, and ability to contribute to inclusive & intersectional environments and programs.
Employment for all student positions will begin in August 2022 and conclude at the end of finals week in Spring Semester 2023. Most student staff positions will work 9 hours on average per week, Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, with minimal evening or weekend commitments for events. Pay rate starts at $12.32 per hour with the opportunity to renew the contract at the end of the academic year.
The Pride Resource Center encourages Queer and Trans Black, Indigenous, People of Color (QTBIPOC), trans, nonbinary, femme, disabled, and other students with historically minoritized identities to consider working with us. We also encourage students with need-based work study or a willingness to apply for work study through the FAFSA application to apply, as work study is required for these positions
For questions, please contact Assistant Director Maggie Hendrickson at Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Employment
Pride Student Staff are expected to:
- Commit, to the best of their ability, to an academic year appointment through the end of Spring Semester 2023.
- Attend Fall Pride Staff Training August 15-18, 2022.
- Attend Spring Pride Staff Training on January 21, 2023.
- Attend Lavender Graduation on April 28, 2023.
- Maintain weekly office hours as planned with supervisor.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and one-on-one supervisor meetings.
- Attend and work at Pride and Office of Inclusive Excellence sponsored events.
- Most students employees are not expected to work during fall, winter, spring, or summer breaks, though students may volunteer to pick up shifts during these times.
- Serve as a representative of the Pride Resource Center and Office of Inclusive Excellence on and off campus, adhering to the CSU Student Code of Conduct.
Qualifications for Employment with Pride
- Be an enrolled CSU student who is eligible for work study.
- Already submitted or planning to submit a FAFSA application for the upcoming academic year.
- Hold and maintain good academic standing.
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability and desire to support the center in advocating for accessibility, inclusion, and equity across minoritized experiences, including race, ethnicity, gender, sexual and romantic orientation, disability, documentations status, etc.
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to problem-solve and ask for help.
- Basics computer skills, including Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
Pride will be hiring for the next academic year in the spring semester.
If we have vacancies before then, we will share via our newsletter, social media, and this webpage!