We are currently hiring a Student Event Coordinator for Spring Semester! Applications for 2021-2020 will be available in January.
Most student staff positions will virtually work 6-8 hours per week Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM unless noted below with evening or weekend specific hours. We strongly encourage students with need-based work study or willingness to apply for merit work study through the FAFSA application to apply.
The Pride Resource Center encourages queer and trans Black, Indigenous, people of color (QTBIPOC), trans, nonbinary, femmes, students with disabilities, and other students who are historically marginalized to consider working with us.
For questions contact Pedro Ramos at email@example.com
SALARY & TERMS FOR EMPLOYMENT
1. Attend additional training hours in Pride RC as determined by supervisor.
2. Attend spring training in January 2021 (specific date to be determined).
3. Attend Lavender Graduation on April 23, 2021.
4. Maintain weekly office hours as negotiated with supervisor.
5. Maintain up-to-date and organized files, binders, agreements, other documents.
6. Attend all staff and supervision meetings.
7. Attend and volunteer at SDPS sponsored events.
8. Attend and volunteer with an organization/office which supports another social identity you hold.
9. Undergraduates are employed for one academic year August through May.
10. Pay rate starts at $12.00 per hour with the opportunity to increase salary and renew contract at the end of the year.
11. Most students are not expected to work during fall, winter, spring, or summer breaks, or recognized school holidays.
1. Must be in good academic standing.
2. Be an enrolled CSU student who is eligible for work study.
3. Already submitted or planning to submit a FAFSA application by February 15.
4. Be skilled at working autonomously and as a team member.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
7. Must place value on leadership, service, inclusion and social justice.
8. Be dependable, motivated, flexible, and willing to make a one-year commitment to the position.
9. Must show demonstrated involvement, leadership, and/or volunteer experience.
10. Basic computer skills necessary, including Microsoft Office.
2021-2022 Pride Resource Center Open Position(s)
Read the information below to learn what positions may be open.
Student Events Coordinator
- Assists in planning events on behalf of the office
- Events include (but are not limited to): Queer B-Q, Lavender Graduation; National Coming Out Day; Queer Prom; Trans Day of Remembrance; special speakers, etc.
- Coordinate at least (1) event per month
- Collaborate with RAM Events, and other SDPS/CSU offices to ensure events are successful
- Works with the Marketing Coordinator to produce materials for the events
- Help manage logistics for programs (e.g. room reservations, materials, etc.)
- This position is for Spring 2021 through Spring 2022.