"The best training on any topic I've received at CSU."
CSU Safe Zone training is a 3.5-hour training program hosted through the Pride Resource Center with the objective of reducing homophobia, transphobia and cisheterosexism at CSU and in our surrounding community, thereby making CSU and Northern Colorado a safer environment for all members of our community across sexual and romantic orientations, gender identities and expressions, and intersections of identities. Through our Safe Zone program, we aim to create a network committed to ongoing education and advocacy in order to support LGBTQIA+ communities at CSU and beyond.
You can view our Safe Zone Network Directory here.
Safe Zone: Student Sessions
Our primary audience for Safe Zone training is faculty and staff at Colorado State University. CSU students are welcome to sign up for Safe Zone: Student Sessions, which are 2-hour, modified workshops designed for CSU students. These are great training options for student employees on campus. Students may also request a Safe Zone training for their student organization or departments.
Upcoming Safe Zone Schedule
ONLINE SAFE ZONE - FACULTY & STAFF
CSU Employees can register for Safe Zone via My Learning @ CSU . Our upcoming dates include:
- Thursday, June 8 | 1:00 - 4:30 PM | Register Here
- Wednesday, July 12 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM | Register Here
- Friday, Aug 4 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM | Register Here
SAFE ZONE: STUDENT SESSIONS
- Fall Schedule will be available in August.
You are welcome to opt between our Safe Zone for faculty/staff and our Student Sessions, depending on your role on campus and interest
More About our Safe Zone Program
- We ask that departments do not mandate or require their staff members to attend our Safe Zone Training, but instead encourage and invite, in order to ensure all participants are invested in the goals of our program.
- Safe Zone Training requires a full 3.5 hours to fulfill (Student Sessions are 2-hours).
- Participants who complete the entire training and turn in a Commitment Statement will be given a Safe Zone sticker and be added to our Safe Zone. Network directory.
- For folks who are not affiliated with CSU, we are happy to work with you on an individual basis, as we assess availability based on compensation, needs, and proximity.
In others' words...
- "Our trainers did an outstanding job, and it was hard to believe how much we accomplished in the three-hour session. "
- "Informative, educational, real world applications."
- "[The facilitators] were very open about themselves and things they have experienced. Really appreciated that and made me feel comfortable."