Countdown until Pride Community Retreat 2022!
Pride Retreat Weekend is Here!
Save the Date For
September 9-11, 2022
What is the Pride Community Retreat?
The Pride Community Retreat is a weekend-long experience held early in the Fall Semester that focuses on building community, confidence, and skills for self and community care, centered in our LGBTQIA+ experiences.
Friday, September 9 - Sunday, September 11
Our 2022 retreat will include a one-night stay off-campus at the CSU Mountain Campus. All lodging, transportation, and meals are provided - there is no cost to attend the retreat. Pride works with our partnering location to establish gender-inclusive housing and bathroom options, including more private bathrooms/showers for our students.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in small and large group discussions, workshops, and activities involving creativity, identity development, team building, outdoor recreation, art, and more.
What do we do at the retreat?
Our goal is for all participants to come away from the retreat with...
- A deeper understanding of our individual and collective identities and experiences.
- Connections with peers, staff, faculty, and community members that we can continue growing throughout their time at CSU.
- Skills for practicing self and community care.
- A deeper understanding of the various experiences within the queer community, through an intersectional lens.
- Vision and hope for their future at CSU and beyond.
- Memories from a fantastically fun weekend.