What is the Pride Community Retreat?
The Pride Community Retreat is a weekend-long experience held the first weekend of October that focuses on building community, confidence, and skills for self and community care centered in our LGBTQIA+ experiences.
- Audience: CSU students of any age & grade. This is a great way for new CSU students, in particular, to get connected to the our CSU and local LGBTQIA+ communities.
This year, we're keeping it local!
While we have hosted our Retreat at the CSU Mountain Campus in the past, this year we are keeping it local. Our CSU LGBTQIA+ community is just one part of the queer and trans experience here in Colorado, so join us for the retreat experience to get connected into local LGTBQIA+ communities!
- All events will be held on campus at CSU or through local trip experiences. Transportation and most meals for the weekend are provided.
- Overnight housing is not provided this year at the retreat.
What do we do at the retreat?
Our goal is for all participants to come away from the retreat with...
- A deeper understanding of our individual and collective identities and experiences.
- Supportive connections with peers, staff, faculty, and community members that we can continue growing throughout their time at CSU.
- Skills for practicing self and community care.
- A deeper understanding of the various experiences within the queer community, through an intersectional lens.
- Vision and hope for their future at CSU and beyond.
- Memories from a fantastically fun weekend.
For questions about the Pride Community Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our applications for the 2021 Retreat have closed.