The Pride Resource Center’s Safe Zone Training is a 3-hour training program with the objectives of reducing homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism at CSU, thereby making CSU a safer environment for all members of our community across sexual orientations, romantic orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and intersections of identities, and creating a network committed to ongoing education and advocacy in order to support LGBTQ communities at CSU.
Our primary audience for these trainings are faculty and staff at Colorado State University. CSU students are welcome to sign up for trainings listed below that are specifically indicated as being open to students, or request a Safe Zone training for their student organization through our Training and Workshop Request Form.
For requesters who are not affiliated with CSU, we are happy to work with you on an individual basis, as we assess availability based on compensation, needs, and proximity. Please email our Assistant Director, Maggie Hendrickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Registering for our monthly, open Safe Zone Trainings as an individual.
- Requesting a private Safe Zone Training for your department, class, organization, or group.
In others’ words…
- “Our trainers did an outstanding job, and it was hard to believe how much we accomplished in the three-hour session. “
- “The best training on any topic I’ve received at CSU.”
- “Informative, educational, real world applications.”
- “[The facilitators] were very open about themselves and things they have experienced. Really appreciated that and made me feel comfortable.”
Upcoming Safe Zone Training Schedule
Upcoming ONLINE trainings:
- Wednesday, April 29: 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 9: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 24: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday, July 30: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 5: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Please be advised that due to our current circumstances, the sessions listed above will likely be offered virtually through a platform like Zoom. We will reach out to those who have registered with more information as we get closer to each training.