The Pride Resource Center’s Online Safe Zone Training is a 3.5-hour training program [via Zoom] with the objective of reducing homophobia, transphobia and heterosexism at CSU, thereby making CSU a safer environment for all members of our community across sexual orientations, romantic orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and intersections of identities. Through our Safe Zone program, we aim to create a network committed to ongoing education and advocacy in order to support LGBTQ communities at CSU. You can view our Safe Zone Network Directory here.
PLEASE NOTE: To align with university recommendations related to the COVID-19, we will only be offering VIRTUAL training opportunities for Fall 2020. Additionally, based on staffing transitions, we may have more limited availability for scheduling. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Safe Zone – Student Sessions
Our primary audience for Safe Zone training is faculty and staff at Colorado State University. CSU students are welcome to sign up for Safe Zone – Student Sessions, which are 2-hour, modified workshops designed for CSU students. These are great training options for student employees on campus. Students may also request a Safe Zone training for their student organization through our Training and Workshop Request Form.
How do I sign up?
- Registering for our monthly, open Safe Zone Trainings or Safe Zone – Student Sessions as an individual.
- Requesting a private Safe Zone Training for your department, class, organization, or group.
- We ask that departments do not mandate or require their staff members to attend our Safe Zone Training, but instead encourage and invite, in order to ensure all participants are invested in the goals of our program.
- Safe Zone Training requires a full 3.5 hours to fulfill virtually, to be held over Zoom. (Student Sessions are 2-hours)
- Participants who complete the entire training and turn in a Commitment Statement will be given a Safe Zone sticker and be added to our Safe Zone Network directory (see below).
- For folks who are not affiliated with CSU, we are happy to work with you on an individual basis, as we assess availability based on compensation, needs, and proximity. Please email our Assistant Director, Maggie Hendrickson, at email@example.com for more information.
In others’ words…
- “Our trainers did an outstanding job, and it was hard to believe how much we accomplished in the three-hour session. “
- “The best training on any topic I’ve received at CSU.”
- “Informative, educational, real world applications.”
- “[The facilitators] were very open about themselves and things they have experienced. Really appreciated that and made me feel comfortable.”
Upcoming Open Registration Safe Zone Schedule
ONLINE SAFE ZONE- FACULTY & STAFF
- Tuesday, May 4 (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM)
- Thursday, June 3 (8:30 AM - 12:00 PM)
- Thursday, July 15 (1:00 PM - 4:30 PM)
- Wednesday, August 11 (8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
ONLINE SAFE ZONE - STUDENT SESSION
- There are no Student Sessions scheduled for summer.
GRADUATE STUDENTS: You are welcome to opt between our Safe Zone for faculty/staff and our Student Sessions, depending on your role on campus and interest